Laser Hair Removal
At Escape Skin Care and Laser Clinic we are very honest and realistic about what results to expect. We offer safe and effective treatments to reduce hair growth permanently. We provide full personalised consultations where your technician will explain how the procedure works, discuss average sessions needed and answer any questions you may have.
Syneron-Candela Mas Pro& Gentlelase laser hair reduction is a medically developed and researched laser system for the reduction of unwanted body hair. It remains the world’s most effective laser technology for hair reduction.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal for male and female
How does it work?
The Gentlelase light travels through the skin to the base of the hair follicle where it is absorbed by the pigment surrounding the hair forming cells. The laser energy heats the follicle and damages the cells that produce hair. Just about any area of the body can be treated and it works effectively on most skin types.
Depending on the area being treated, sessions can last from a few minutes to an hour or more. Due to the principles of permanent hair reduction it is best to treat hair follicles that are in an active growth phase, therefore several sessions may be required to achieve the end result. The appearance of the area immediately after the treatment will vary from person to person. This may include redness and slight swelling which will subside after a short time.
Is the laser treatment painful?
This is a common initial concern for many of our clients. Our medical grade equipment uses a special cooling system that lowers the temperature of the skin, therefore, the treatment is generally not painful and is well tolerated. The treatment itself may cause a slight stinging sensation. Most clients can tolerate the procedure well and say that it feels like a rubber band flicking against the skin.
What to Expect with Laser Hair Removal?
- Because treated follicles have been heated, the area may swell sometimes for a day or so. Swelling result from heat, not infection, and is therefore normal and expected.
- Crusts can occasionally form in some spots, as well as some darkening of pigmentation. Do not pick at these areas.
- You may notice dead hair surfacing from one week after treatment. This process is called purging and will take time to complete. You can wipe away these hairs with a damp cloth or exfoliate with a loofah once the sensitivity of treated area is resolved, usually one week after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for 4 weeks prior to treatment and use 30+ sunblock daily.
- Do not tweeze, wax or bleach hair prior to treatment.
- We may need to shave the area prior to treatment, however in some instances it is recommended you do this at home where possible.
Possible Side Effects
Redness of the skin and mild swelling that lasts from an hour to 24 hours. In some instances the redness may last a few days and there could be some grazing or ‘scabbing’ which typically subsides over a short period of time.
How many treatments will be needed?
Laser hair reduction works on hair follicles when they are in the growth (or anagen) cycle at the time of treatment. Unfortunately, not all hair follicles are at this stage at the same time. Therefore, for effective permanent hair reduction, most people require approximately six to eight treatments to achieve the desired results.
How long will the procedure take?
This varies depending on the area of the body. Treatments can take anything from 10 minutes to 1 hour.
- Do not scratch or pick the area. Avoid any irritants or exfoliants 24 hrs post treatment.
- Do not have a hot shower (tepid only) during the first 24 hours post treatment.
- Wear protective clothing or use sun block to keep area away from sun exposure.
- Do not do a heavy, sweaty workout 24 hours post treatment.